Stay on top of issues to focus on the bottom line.
As a Canadian consulting business, you know that staying on top of ever-changing legislation and compliance can be tricky business. You should be focusing on the bottom line – but these issues can be disruptive and costly.
We’re the NACCB. We’re here to help you.
We represent professional staffing: IT, Engineering, Finance & Accounting, and Legal consulting. For more than a decade, the National Association of Canadian Consulting Businesses (NACCB) has helped keep businesses like yours up to date on the latest legislation while working with the government to ensure that public policy makers understand our industry and the important part it plays in the country’s economy.
How we’ve helped your business already:
- Challenged Bill 148 around “precarious employment”
- Successfully lobbied the CRA to protect the IC model - and continue to lobby for ICs
- Successfully challenged the WSIB audit for ICs, resulting in large refunds for affected staffing Companies
- Provided support for members regarding the Ontario government EHT audit of Sole Proprietors and helped defend against assessments
- Developed an onboarding document and contract template for agencies to mitigate misclassification of Independent Consultants (ICs)
- Represented you at Federal and Provincial government meetings to explain how legislation related to our sector impacts the overall economy and clarified how our industry works
- Sourced E&O & general liabilty coverage available to independent consultants at significant Discounts
- We’re one of only 3 Associations working directly with the Federal Government to review the acquisition of Professional Services (TBIPS) contract/procurement mechanism
We protect the unique Canadian model.
Canada has a progressive consulting model that aligns with the current “gig economy” market. This benefits our clients, and provides the respect and workplace flexibility that our independent consultants are looking for.
The NACCB has intervened to stop provincial and federal governments from moving to an “Americanstyle” consulting model which would have significant, negative effects on our industry.
The economy works because we do.
Why join now:
The savings on insurance alone make joining the NACCB a wise business decision, but there’s much more to gain. Together, we can support the ongoing effort to ensure that regulatory authorities are aware that our industry is an important and integral part of the Canadian economy.
Be a leader in the professional staffing industry: